Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yo Yo's are not my thing

I joined the One Project A Month challenge on Kris's blog and May Britt's blog last month. Well I did not do any thing for the month of January. I was in a funk. This month I did get a table topper completed. I wanted to make a Yo Yo quilt. It is not going to happen. :) Yo's yo's are not my thing. This topper is 10 rows by 20 rows. I forgot to measure it before I decided to blog about it today. I liked the way it turned out and I put a backing on mine. Not sure if this is correct. But I wanted something that would hold it all together when I move the topper for dinner. The pitcher is one my husband had before we were married. He use to go to estate sales and auctions before we were married. I believe he picked it up at one of those. I thought it set the topper off quite nicely. So I have my February project complete. Now it is time to find something for March. I can't believe it is March already.


 
 


Happy Quilting....Treasa

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

2ne said...

This looks great, but it must have been a lot of work :-)

Janet said...

I've never tried yo-yo's. Yours turned out great! I applaud your idea of one project a month. Anxious to see your March project!

Jean said...

Very pretty project...I could never make a yoyo quilt....I think they are cute but tooooooo time consuming. How did you attach the back?

Sherry said...

Yo-yo's may not be your thing. . .but your runner turned out really pretty.

I like your idea with the backing; it helps to pop the colors more, IMHO.

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

That is very cute. What did you line the back with?

Anonymous said...

I don't think I could do yo-yos either -- but I sure love yours. The colors are perfect with your pitcher... I love unique antiques like that.

Good idea trying the different monthly projects. Good luck with the next one.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by!!! That fabric shop is actually a quilt shop and a fabric store in one. The Fabric Hut on Little Creek Road in Norfolk, VA. There is also one of my favorite large quilt stores in Churchland in Portsmouth, VA called the Addicted Quilter.

Thanks for asking!!! Come back anytime.

Betsy said...

Treasa I like it. You did a beatiful job.
Is there some kind of backing on it? I just purchased tons of yo-yos and this would be an excellent project.