Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Exercise and Weight Loss

I hate to exercise. But I have gotten to the point where I need to if I want to lose anymore weight. I started Weight Watchers in April. I went for 3 months. In that time I lost 15 pounds. Which I think is great. I have tried to lose the weight on my own but with no luck. So I lost 15 pounds and hit a plateau. Last week I began exercising. I walk on the treadmill. Can we say boring!! I have it in the building where our office is located. No tv! Hopefully this fall I can get it moved into the house. So in the meantime I will continue to walk and listen to my iPod. Which by the way is the best christmas gift my husband has ever gotten me. Love it. I need to update it with some more songs that are a little more fast paced. I joined Wendy over at The Running Quilter . She has committed to getting Crafty, Creative and Fit. She is a runner...I am not. I am a walker. I have tried running but I just don't have the breathing stamina or something for it. Wish I could run the weight may come off quicker. But slow and steady is good also. At least I have not gained any of the weight I lost back. I am still watching what I eat. I use to get second servings and now I don't. I think that is what has helped me the most. I had told my husband that I want to lsoe 50 [lbs.] by 50 [my age next year]. So we will see if I make it. Maybe I will just get close. :) That will be ok too.



6 comments:

Wendy said...

Keep it up...you're doing great. On the treadmill thing...I do the treadmill a few times a week and have NO TV as well. One thing that might help...download books on tapes or podcasts onto your IPOD and listen to them as well. Songs are good, but sometimes it helps to get into a good book or listen to a podcast that is talking about something you are interested in. I particularly listen to a lot of the Oprah podcasts which are free and they get me through some boring treadmill workouts. Hang in there...walking is great for you...no need to run...just be consistent.

Wendy
www.therunningquilter.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I have a hard time sticking with exercise - well more like "getting started". Coincidentally I started walking again this week. I tell myself just 30 min Lucy - you can do 30 min. If I try to do more I tend to not do any. sigh.

Adding the faster paced songs helped me too. Keep at it Treasa. One day at a time - eh?

Treasa said...

Thanks Wendy and Lucy,
I have committed to walking at least 30 minutes a day also Lucy. Who knows where that will lead.

Janet said...

Good Luck Treasa - I know exactly what you're going through. It seems like the older we get , the harder it is to loose a few pounds. Congrats on keeping the 15off. That's a great accomplishment itself!

Lori in South Dakota said...

Good luck with the treadmill. My dr. said whether you run, bike, or walk, a mile is still a mile!! And walking is less stressful on your joints.

TaraB said...

Ouch to your sore ankle. I did that a couple of years ago and it is very painful! Welcome to the Creative, Craft, Fit program. I know that you can lose 50 lbs. Keep walking and you will be amazed at what can happen. I started a little over a month ago and just increased my intensity and it is working. Good Luck!