Sunday, October 26, 2008

And he's off....again



Today my oldest son, Phillip was deployed to Afghanistan. Not sure how long he will be over there. He will have limited access to email. But he is suppose to email his wife and myself when he arrives. I just pray he and his friends, and all our service personnel return home safely. My daughter-in-law sent me the picture of him and my grandkids the day he left England.He gave each of the kids a set of his dog tags. I don;t think they have taken them off since he left. Poor guy you can tell he had been crying. His face gets red blotches all over just like mine. I hate to cry for that reason. Plus I don't look to great with runny mascara. LOL.



Happy Quilting....Treasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your son and his friends come back safely. I appreciate all of our service men and women.

Danielle said...

Bless your heart Treasa. When you have a chance, please tell Phillip "thank you" from me.

You will all be in our prayers.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I love the way they spell Dakotah. Interesting I've never seen it spelt that way.

I hope he makes there safely.

God bless their souls. I would be scared out of my wits worrying the entire time.

Christina said...

Wow, that made me tear up. My son will be leaving for Iraq this winter. I can't imagine him going if he had children, my prayers to you and your loved ones.

Unknown said...

Blessings to your son and his family. I appreciate his service to our country.