Monday, November 3, 2008

A day for hiking

 


Saturday my husband, his cousin, nephew and myself went hiking. The weather was perfect.We went to Morrow Mountain State Park. The trail we hiked was 2.5 miles.I am happy to report that we all survived.Which is good since we hadn't been in a couple of years. Brandon, my husbands nephew seemed to enjoy the day also. This was the first time that he had gone with us. Mark is usally our hiking partner so it was nice to have th gang together. I wish I could hike every day like this. This is my most favorite form of exercise. I love to walk in the woods. But this day and age it isn't safe to hike alone.So I have to bribe my participants. The bribe today was a picnic. We bought BoJangles chicken and fixings. I am proud to say that I was able to control my portions and did not overeat. While we were picnicing we got to enjoy some clogging and music. It was Old Fashioned Day at the park. They have this every year and we just happened to choose the right day. Some of the demonstrations they have are weaving, quilting,clogging,corn husk doll making,cider making and few others that I can't remember.Hopefully we can get back to the park soon.

Happy Quilting....Treasa
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jackie's Stitches said...

My husband I love to hike too! We just got back from a trip to the Smoky Mountains. Unfortunately, we live in Florida and there aren't any hills/mountains here.