Friday, August 29, 2008

I have a flimsy



Until the other day I had never heard this word before until I read it on someone's blog. So I guess since I don't have the batting or the backing on the top yet it is a flimsy. I thought I had some batting but I couldn't find it. So I will have to make a trip to Charlotte to get some next week. I saw this pattern on someone's blog. Sorry I did not write it down, you know how it goes when you are blog hopping. One blog leads to another and another. The blogger even used the same material. Except one of her borders is white where mine is orange. Hers turned out very nice. I can only hope mine does. I have never used a charm pack before. I have several of the Posh, 3 I think. So I will be looking for a pattern for that. I am not sure what I am going to do with this lap quilt. I guess I can save it and let the grandkids use it when they visit. I hope it is just wrinkled from the dog walking all over it while I was trying to take a picture. :)


Happy Quilting....Treasa

4 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your lap quilt looks great Treasa, very happy...and thanks so much for dropping by my blog...enjoy your day...

Anonymous said...

Very cute top. I might have to try that too. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Great job....I haven't heard that term (flimsy) but I'm still learning all this quilt lingo too. he he.

Some of those look like 30's fabrics -- I gotta make something from that era someday. I too don't know what to do with all the projects, but I think just stacking a few on a chest somewhere gives a room instant life and character. Can't wait to see what you do with the Posh fab.

Happy Camper Quilts said...

My dog seems to walk on any project I spread on the floor, with or without pins. It looks great!