Thursday, October 30, 2008

Christmas gifts

 


This is what I worked on last night. I made two pillowcases for my neices children for Christmas. It took me a while to get the french seam mastered. I just could not wrap my head around the instructions. But I finally got it. I had a lightbulb moment. This teaching yourself isn't what it is all cracked up to be. :) I am finding out that I like to have more structure. Such as a class. Speaking of which I did go to a class to learn to make a Millenium Star. I got three of the eight sections done. Came home and haven't touched it again. So I will probably have to struggle to remember how I made the previous pieces. Severe ADD kicks in at times.When and if I complete it I will post a picture of it. I would like to make a Christmas themed one, not for this year though.

As I was sewing the pillowcases my miniture long hair daschund laid in her bed and watched me. She was determined to sit on my lap but I couldn't sew that way. So I got her bed and told her to "stay". She did until Snoopy, my MIL's daschund decided he wanted to get in the bed also. Snoopy is visiting us while my MIL recuperates from back surgery last month. He is the red daschund and Phoebe is the chocolate daschund. Then we have a miniture long hair chiuaua. I couldn't find a picture of her. So three dogs in a house is too many at times. At least they are small. Sorry the picture is kind of blurry. It was taken with my cell phone. I knew the dogs wouldn't sit still for me to get my digital camera.


 



Happy Quilting....Treasa
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

What adorable pups! You MIL's sounds like my 2 - they each have to do what the other one is!

Jean said...

How cute! I like your pillowcases too. They are a fun and easy gift to make to match your quilts too.

The dogs are like my cat, she likes to help me quilt, specially if I lay out blocks on the wood floor....she runs and jumps on them and sliiiides!

Betsy said...

I like your pillowcases. I am sure they will be well received and enjoyed.